1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
5 overripe bananas (I'm talking BROWN)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 cup Hershey's chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease/oil two 12-muffin pans.
2. Cream the shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl (using an electric mixer is great), and then blend the eggs and bananas until thoroughly mashed.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda, and stir in the wheat germ and chocolate chips.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana/sugar medley, and blend until just mixed.
5. Divide the batter into the two pans, making it as even as possible. Once done, put the pans in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes. I go by sight and by poking the muffins with a toothpick. You want them to be soft, but when poked, no batter should stick to the toothpick.
6. Once the muffins are done, serve and enjoy!